Thu, 24 Oct|
Soul Food Kitchen
Good Gut Health with Plant-Based Medicine and Fermented Foods
Join Medical Herbalist Lucie Bradley and Fermenting Food and Nutritional Expert Janice Clyne to learn more about how to improve your gut health using medicinal plants and fermenting.
Time & Location
24 Oct 2019, 18:00 – 20:00
Soul Food Kitchen, Soul Food Kitchen, Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow, UK
About The Event
Did you know?
The gut plays a vital role in your overall health and well-being. It can help control everything from your weight to your mood to brain health, inflammation and immune function, therefore a healthy gut is paramount! The right medicinal plants and herbs can help support the gut natural healing process. The trillions of microbes which live in our gut need to be fed, fermented foods are like super fertiliser for the healthy bacteria in our guts. When used together medicinal plants and fermented food are an unstoppable force in creating a harmonious microbiome.
So join Medical Herbalist Lucie Bradley and Fermenting Food and Nutritional Expert Janice Clyne to learn more about how to improve your gut health using fermentation and medicinal herbs.
During this 2 hour workshop
- You will learn more about why gut health is so vital for optimal health.
- You will learn which herbs can be used for treating digestive disorders, herbs to heal your gut and why, with detailed information about different herbal preparations and dosages.
- There will be a practical demo of making your own simple sauerkraut.
- There will be plenty of samples to try on the night from exploring your senses through a herbal tea tasting to fermented food goodies and drinks.
- You will also get tea or coffee included in the workshop including raw cake
This workshop is not to be missed if you are interested in holistic health and wellbeing, and are looking to take charge of your health by learning more about how to use herbs safely, and what foods could be beneficial to your overall wellbeing So come along and join the fun, your taste buds & your gut will thank you!
Tickets are non-refundable. It is your responsibility to let both the host and Soul Food Kitchen know of any allergies you may have prior to the event. This is your event ticket. Ticket holders must present their tickets on entry. You can either print your ticket or present this digital version. You can find all the details about this event on our website. If you have any questions, issues or can’t attend the event please get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking forward to seeing£35.00