Sun, 06 Dec|
Soul Food Kitchen
2 Tickets Left - Sourdough Taster Workshop by The Little Foragers Kitchen
During this workshop, you will learn how to make & bake your own sourdough at home, cover the science behind sourdough, but not in a crazy way, the way different flours work in breads &; the most important part of sourdough baking, how to maintain & understand your starter.
Time & Location
06 Dec 2020, 11:00 – 15:00
Soul Food Kitchen, The Argyll Hotel, Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow, UK
About The Event
With increasing numbers of people being diagnosed with Celiac disease or gluten intolerance, more people are
turning to traditionally made “slow dough” for their daily bread.
There are many healthy benefits of eating a wholemeal sourdough compared to a wholemeal supermarket loaf.
In a sourdough the nutritional properties of the loaf are enhanced, so they are more readily “bioavailable” plus the glyceamic index is reduced meaning you will have more energy for longer & will be less likely to be craving sugary or carb heavy snacks in between meals!
During this workshop, you will learn how to make & bake your own sourdough at home, cover the science behind sourdough, but not in a crazy way, the way different flours work in breads &; the most important
part of sourdough baking, how to maintain & understand your starter.
So, you will be;
- Shaping some focaccia dough which you will then take home & bake later that day.
- You will be making up a sourdough from scratch, which you will take home to finishing proving & bake.
- You will be making your own starter & I will also give you some of my own mature starter to take home.
- We will be looking at different types of flours &; how they behave.
- You will sample a variety of sourdough goodies, the recipes for which I will send if you desire.
- Ongoing support will be offered after the workshop, including comprehensive notes covering everything we did on the day.
Vicky grew up in a home eating freshly baked sourdough &; ran her own speciality sourdough micro-bakery for 6 years. She has now decided to concentrate on passing on her skills, helping others to make their own delicious sourdough at home.
As well as a baker, Vicky is also a keen forager, going out with her grandmother from an early age, to collect plants for food &; medicine, amongst other things, to use in the home. She runs regular foraged themed activities &; workshops, alongside the sourdough, with the aim of helping people reconnect with Nature.
If you would like to explore these topics further, or simply get in touch, you will find her on Facebook &; Instagram as The Little Foragers Kitchen.
Find Vicky here:
Rescheduled ticket£0.00Sold Out