Spices For Beauty and Well-being by Kaleyard Cook School
Time & Location
About The Event
Spices have more to them than just aromatics and flavour. In this exclusive workshop, you will learn ancient Eastern family secrets of well-being and beauty with spices and kitchen ingredients.
Growing up in Pakistan, award-winning cookbook author Sumayya Usmani watched the women of her family mix lotions and potions in the kitchen for beauty and well-being. Little did she realise itis these family secrets that helped them maintain their glowing skin, beautiful thick hair and excellent health. Every spice has hidden qualities that have for centuries helped women maintain their health, well-being but most of all their beauty.
Sumayya shares with us her deep knowledge of spices and kitchen ingredients, their healing and beautifying properties based in Unani/Hakimi ethos – an ancient Indo-Persian herbal medicine that originated from the Greeks through to the Indian sub-continent.
In this workshop, you will get to :
• Learn about Sumayya’s family beauty and well-being secrets
• Make your own spice based beauty products
• Watch Sumayya demo spice based well-being treats and bites.
• Take home a few skincare products you will make in the workshop (Please bring 3 medium-sized jars with lids)
Tickets are £40 per person which includes:
*Two hours hands-on and demo based workshop with a wealth of knowledge shared
*Coffee and tea at Soul Food Kitchen.
- General admission£40£400£0