SOLD OUT - Artisan Vegan Cheesemaking by Nutcrafter Creamery
Time & Location
About The Event
Join Aimee Jackson and Francesco Accolla, chefs and founders of Nutcrafter Creamery and Zilch Deli, in learning how to make cultured, raw, artisan vegan cheese! This 2 hours’ workshop introduces basic concepts of vegan cheesemaking, from growing cultures to easy ageing techniques you can do at home!
Participants will learn:
- About lacto-fermentation and culturing (differences, how it works, etc)
- The role of microbes in creating flavour and texture in plant-based cheesemaking
- The difference between cultured and non-cultured plant-based cheeses
- How to start and grow some key plant-based lactic acid cultures safe for use at home
- How to choose a plant based medium for cheese making and what to think about when choosing
- Basic ageing method for at home plant-based cheesemaking
- Review of key equipment, variables affecting cheesemaking, historical context of cheesemaking as a practice
Participants are advised to bring a notebook.
One aged Nutcrafter Creamery cheese and one cream cheese made during the class are included in the course price and ready to take home. The course concludes with a plant-based cheese tasting of Nutcrafter Creamery’s products along with any of the cheeses we made together during the class.
- General Admission£35£350£0