Sun, 27 Aug|
Soul Food Kitchen
Kombucha Workshop with Nourished by Nature (3)
Fermented drinks like kombucha are gaining popularity, and rightly so. These delicious probiotic drinks are a wonderful replacement for sugar-laden fizzy drinks and alcohol. They contain all sorts of wonderful beneficial compounds, organic acids, enzymes, probiotic yeast and bacteria plus B vitamins
Time & Location
27 Aug 2023, 12:00 – 14:00
Soul Food Kitchen, 973 Sauchiehall St, Finnieston, Glasgow G3 7TQ, UK
About The Event
Fermented drinks like kombucha are gaining popularity, and rightly so. These delicious probiotic drinks are a wonderful replacement for sugar-laden fizzy drinks and alcohol. They contain all sorts of wonderful beneficial compounds, organic acids, enzymes, probiotic yeast and bacteria plus B vitamins - to support our health!
Kombucha supports the body’s detoxification processes, literally works like a hoover for our insides and is simply the best cure for a hangover!
We live in a toxic world so we need all the help we can get!
Kombucha is delicious, inexpensive to make, and there are endless flavour combinations, the only limit is your imagination! In this workshop we will be sampling many flavours of kombucha including;
Green tea kombucha with mint
Lemon and Ginger
Orange and passionfruit
Beetroot and Lemon
Caffeine free Hibiscus kombucha
What you will learn
- Everything you need to know to safely and successfully brew your own kombucha and water kefir at home.
- How to look after your scoby (symbiotic culture of bacteria and yeast).
- Starter scoby and tea
- All the associated health benefits and a bit of history.
- How to second ferment your drinks for amazing flavour and fizz!
- Recommendations, recipes, links for cultures and equipment.
- Common mistakes and how to avoid them.
- Other uses for kombucha, salad dressings/dips/beauty/gardening/pets.
- A few recipes for naturally fermented drinks you can make without cultures!
I will be reciting my Ode Tae a Scoby Poem, which I wrote in the style
of Rabbie Burns, celebrating the many uses of a scoby, and the many health benefits associated with drinking kombucha!
So I hope you can join me on this fun workshop, discover a whole new world of flavour, save money and impress your friends and family with your new skills and delicious fizztastic kombucha!
Please bring a jar for your scobbie.
This event is sold out